Five players from Australia’s successful ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 crew have been named in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 Team of the Tournament. Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Meg Lanning, Jess Jonassen, and Megan Schutt make the cut. Four England players are chosen after record-breaking competitions. There is likewise a spot for skipper Meg Lanning, who drove Australia from the front both with the bat and in the field to manage her nation to a fifth Women’s T20 World Cup title.
The Best XI Team is arranged by a panel of these experts: Ian Bishop, Anjum Chopra, Lisa Sthalekar, Raf Nicholson and Holly Colvin.
The group of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 is as follows:
- Alyssa Healy (wk) (Australia) – 236 runs at 39.33
- Beth Mooney (Australia) – 259 runs at 64.75
- Nat Sciver (England) – 202 runs at 67.33
- Heather Knight (England) – 193 runs at 64.33
- Meg Lanning (c) (Australia) – 132 runs at 44
- Laura Wolvaardt (South Africa) – 94 runs at a strike pace of 149
- Jess Jonassen (Australia) – 10 wickets at 14.00
- Sophie Ecclestone (England) – 8 wickets at 6.12
- Anya Shrubsole (England) – 8 wickets at 10.62
- Megan Schutt (Australia) – 13 wickets at 10.30
- Poonam Yadav (India) – 10 wickets at 11.90
- (12th) Shafali Verma (India) – 163 runs at a strike pace of 158.25