The players from the South African cricket team have been advised to undertake a 14-day time of self-isolation and social distancing to forestall the spread of coronavirus following their arrival from India as the ODI series got aborted.
The players showed up back in South Africa on Wednesday after ten days in the wake of withdrawing on a visit during which they played no cricket.
The first of three planned one-day internationals was deserted without a ball bowled on account of downpour and the remaining two were called off because of the widespread disease.
The Head Medical Officer Cricket South Africa’ Dr. Shuaib Manjra, was cited as saying that the players have been advised to disconnect themselves and the mandatory tests will be conducted for the dangerous infection in the event of any symptoms showing up.
Dr. Manjra said the group had successfully been in quarantine in India and had been traveling through chartered flights and coaches in a well-disinfected environment. Be that as it may, he said it had been chosen to follow expert guidelines on counteraction of the spread of the infection.
He further said that the players are educated about the basic guidelines and measurements to be followed for the prevention.
South Africa was to play three ODIs during the visit that cap was prematurely ended after the cleaned out an opening game in Dharamsala India’s count of COVID-19 patients has crossed 100, including three passings. The worldwide passing tally is approaching 8,000 while the quantity of infected people is near 200,000.