1. Walter De La Mare was a famous …….
(a) War poet
(b) Children’s poet
(c) Romantic poet
(d) Nature poet
2. Who is lying in the grave ?
(a) a beautiful lady
(b) a beautiful girl
(c) an ordinary actress
3. What is not permanent, but rare in the world ?
(d) hatred or love
4. Who is “I” in the poem “An Epitaph”?
(a) The Poet
(b) The lady
(c) The grave
5. An Epitaph is a work refer to-
(a) inscription on a tomb
(b) inscription on a house
(c) inscription on a boundry
6. In which country, such beautiful ladywas never born?
(a) East country
(b) West country
(c) South country
(d) North country
7. What vanishes or passes but rare in the west country?
8. “She was the most beautiful lady”
Or “Beauty Vanishes, beauty passes”
“Such lady is rare is the west country”
is an expression in the poem ….. by…. .
(a) An Epitaph by Walter De La Mare
(b) A soldier by Rupert Brooke
(c) A snake by D.H. Lawrence
(d) None of these.
9. Who says ” When I crumble, who will remember?”
(a) The poet
(b) They lady
(c) Both of them
(d) None of these
10. Who will remember when I Crumble (die) ? has been taken from –
(a) An Epitaph
(c) The snake
11. The poet says that nobody will …… her after his death.
12. Who was ‘light of step and heart’?
(A) a beautiful lady
(B) an ugly lady
(C) an old lady
(D) a mad lady
13. Walter de la Mare makes us aware of the …………..
(A) inhuman conditions of modern life.
(D) London life